Waiting on Wednesday (8) - Prophecy by Ellen Oh

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 12:00 AM
Waiting on Wednesday is my favorite meme because Friday is only two days away and I get all excited about upcoming releases! It's hosted over at Breaking the Spine, and it's where you post a book you're eagerly awaiting and its release date just can't come fast enough.

Prophecy by Ellen Oh
Publisher: HarperTeen
Expected Publication Date: January 2, 2013
Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes and Noble

Synopsis
The greatest warrior in all of the Seven Kingdoms… is a girl with yellow eyes.

Kira’s the only female in the king’s army, and the prince’s bodyguard. She’s a demon slayer and an outcast, hated by nearly everyone in her home city of Hansong. And, she’s their only hope…

Murdered kings and discovered traitors point to a demon invasion, sending Kira on the run with the young prince. He may be the savior predicted in the Dragon King Prophecy, but the missing treasure of myth may be the true key. With only the guidance of the cryptic prophecy, Kira must battle demon soldiers, evil shaman, and the Demon Lord himself to find what was once lost and raise a prince into a king.

Intrigue and mystery, ancient lore and action-packed fantasy come together in this heart-stopping first book in a trilogy. (Goodreads)

Why I'm Waiting
This book sounds like just my kind of read! Yes, some of its been done before. Seven Kingdoms = Westernos. And Kira's a strong female warrior, an exception in a world where the king's army is all male. Not to mention a prophecy and a romance with a young prince. I mean I'm assuming there will be a romance between Kira and the young prince. But I don't care that it resembles other reads. She has YELLOW EYES! That's enough to gain my interest. Pathetic, I know. Not to mention a Dragon King Prophecy and a Demon Lord. It's been awhile since I read a good book with demons. 

January needs to be tomorrow! I've seen bloggers with this ARC, and I am oh so jealous. But enjoy! And I can't wait to read your reviews.

What's your WoW?

Happy reading,

Courtney

17 comments:

  1. OOoh that one looks intriguing!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that book looks cool...I haven't seen it before!

    New follower...My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for this one too... Great pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=4411

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this one on my to-read list as well and I'm really looking forward to it. Great pick! I hope you like it when you read it.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too Martina! Can't wait!

      Delete
  5. I simply cannot wait for Prophecy. Oh why is January so far away :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this cover. It sounds like a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick! Even if this kind of story has been done before, it still sounds interesting. Here is my pick: http://whatsontheshelf.wordpress.com/2012/09/26/waiting-on-wednesday-16/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah and I love the twists. I hope it's awesome!

      Delete
  8. Definitely check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is my first time hearing about this one but I am definitely intrigued! Thanks for sharing! I'll have to add it to my TBR list :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! I'm always so excited and grateful when Prophecy is talked about. And I'm so happy that it is your WOW! Thank you for spreading the word! (although I should mention that the young prince is actually Kira's younger cousin!)

    I can't wait for you to actually read it and let me know what you think!
    Best,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh whoops. Good to know. lol That makes it even more unique in premise. I can't wait to read it as well! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :D

      Delete

Courtney Reads A Lot loves comments a lot! I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2014 Courtney Reads A Lot
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs