Take Control of Your TBR Pile Read-a-Thon: Wrap Up Post

Sunday, March 31, 2013 10:53 AM

Take Control of your TBR Pile Read-a-Thon is the first read-a-thon I've done ever, and it will definitely not be my last. I'm ashamed to admit that I did not make as much progress as I had anticipated. I had hoped to read at least 10 books this month, which should have been a piece of cake. But things came up, and I found myself in a reading slump for a little, and well, it seems nothing goes as planned. 

Did I enjoy this read-a-thon? Well, as always, I had fun reading. I'm going to be honest. I really didn't participate as much as I should have. If anything, I was just testing myself and seeing if I could handle following a list of books to read instead of my usual spontaneity. It was tough, and I know I could have changed the books I intended to read, but I stuck to it. I also desperately needed to concentrate on some books that have been sitting on my bookshelves, just gathering dust, for much too long, and I'm happy to say I finally see an end to my TBR pile. Hopefully, there will come a day when there's no unread books on my bookshelves but I remain skeptical. 

I struggled writing reviews for some of the books. Like I said, I was definitely going through a reading/blogging slump for awhile. Here are all the books I finished: 

-Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
-Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers
-White Cat by Holly Black
-Red Glove by Holly Black
-Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
-The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson
-The Swan Kingdom by Zoë Marriott
-Sweetly by Jackson Pearce

Wow. It looks like such a short list, and I wish I had read more. I also kind of cheated and read The Clockwork Princess even though it was published this month, and all the books for this read-a-thon were supposed to be published before March. But I'm not counting that book towards the read-a-thon.

I cannot wait to do a read-a-thon again. Maybe not right away, but definitely sometime in the future, and I hope to read many more books for the next one.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Courtney Reads A Lot loves comments a lot! I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2014 Courtney Reads A Lot
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs