Waiting on Wednesday (10) - Let The Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 12:00 AM
Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine. Each Wednesday, you post a book that you cannot wait for, but, alas, you have to wait for anyway.

Let the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger
Hits Shelves on March 5, 2013
Add to Goodreads
Synopsis
Seventeen-year-old Vane Weston has no idea how he survived the category five tornado that killed his parents. And he has no idea if the beautiful, dark-haired girl who’s swept through his dreams every night since the storm is real. But he hopes she is.

Seventeen-year-old Audra is a sylph, an air elemental. She walks on the wind, can translate its alluring songs, and can even coax it into a weapon with a simple string of commands. She’s also a guardian—Vane’s guardian—and has sworn an oath to protect Vane at all costs. Even if it means sacrificing her own life.

When a hasty mistake reveals their location to the enemy who murdered both of their families, Audra’s forced to help Vane remember who he is. He has a power to claim—the secret language of the West Wind, which only he can understand. But unlocking his heritage will also unlock the memory Audra needs him to forget. And their greatest danger is not the warriors coming to destroy them—but the forbidden romance that’s grown between them. (Goodreads)
Why I'm Waiting
Forbidden romance? Sylphs? The secret language of the West Wind? Sign me up! Let the Sky Fall offers a unique premise, and the cover is stunning. Look at those colors! Plus, the guy's name is Vane. Like a weathervane. I love puns. I just have a good feeling about this book, and I'm so excited!

What's your WoW?


17 comments:

  1. Ooh interesting! I haven't heard of this one!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. DEFINITELY loving that cover, and the premise is very different. This line instantly made me think of Pocahontas for some reason lol:

    "She walks on the wind, can translate its alluring songs, and can even coax it into a weapon with a simple string of commands."

    Will have to check this one out!
    _______________
    Reeka @BoundbyWords
    Check out my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I can see the Pocahontas comparison. I know! The cover is awesome!

      Delete
  3. oh wow that plot sounds awesome, and so different! love it. thanks
    Katie @ Inkk
    my wow -> http://inkkreviews.blogspot.com/2012/10/waiting-on-wednesday-deity.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thanks for stopping by Katie! :D

      Delete
  4. This one sounds like it will be great and I look forward to a book where the main character is a sylph! Great pick! Here is my WoW.

    Vyki @ On The Shelf
    Check out my new meme Cover Crush!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I've never read any books with sylphs before! Thanks Vyki!

      Delete
  5. Great pick. I can't wait for this one either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to read this one. I'm really excited about it! Great pick! I hope you enjoy it when it comes out.
    Come check out my WoW post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martina! I can't wait until it's released.

      Delete
  7. This has been crazy popular the last couple weeks! I've already added it to my wishlist/TBR pile, can't wait to read it! Thanks for sharing. ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing! Love your frodo picture!

      Delete
  8. Ok, I KNOW - that cover is just GORGEOUS! I never noticed the weathervane thing - pretty clever! I am most definitely waiting on this one, too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW! So excited! It is too far away!

      Delete

Courtney Reads A Lot loves comments a lot! I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2014 Courtney Reads A Lot
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs