Catherynne M. Valente Reading and Book Signing

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 12:22 PM
So, yesterday I met Catherynne M. Valente at my local bookstore! For those of you who are unfamiliar with her work, Cat Valente wrote The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making and The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There. She also wrote a bunch of other books, but these are her recent ones.


Yes, I know, both those titles are quite the mouthful. I have yet to read these books (I just bought them recently so I could get them signed). But I'm so excited to! Look at those gorgeous covers.

Cat Valente and me
Cat Valente read from both books in the Fairyland series, but she read more from the sequel. There was also musical entertainment. Her friend S.J. sang songs that were inspired by the books and the various characters. There was even a sing-along sea shanty (well, river shanty). Valente was so nice, and I was thrilled to meet her. I will definitely be reading these books soon. 

Here's the awesome book trailer for The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making!


The singer in this video is S.J. who sang last night at the reading. She was great! Here's her site: http://www.skinnywhitechick.com/


4 comments:

  1. So jealous you got to meet her and get her to sign your books! But really, that's so cool! I can't wait to hear more details from you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was awesome! I can't wait to read her books :D And I'll definitely give you more details.

      Delete

Courtney Reads A Lot loves comments a lot! I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2014 Courtney Reads A Lot
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs