Waiting on Wednesday (9) - City of a Thousand Dolls by Miriam Forster

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 12:00 AM
My favorite time of the week! Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine. It's where you post a book you are lusting after. A book you cannot wait to be released!

City of a Thousand Dolls by Miriam Forster
Hits Shelves on February 5, 2013
Add to Goodreads
Synopsis
Nisha was abandoned at the gates of the City of a Thousand Dolls when she was just a child. Now sixteen, she lives on the grounds of the isolated estate, where orphan girls apprentice as musicians, healers, courtesans, and, if the rumors are true, assassins. Nisha makes her way as Matron’s assistant, her closest companions the mysterious cats that trail her shadow. Only when she begins a forbidden flirtation with the city’s handsome young courier does she let herself imagine a life outside the walls. Until one by one, girls around her start to die.

Before she becomes the next victim, Nisha decides to uncover the secrets that surround the girls’ deaths. But by getting involved, Nisha jeopardizes not only her own future in the City of a Thousand Dolls—but her own life. (Goodreads)
Why I'm Waiting
I am so excited for this book and impatient for its release! That cover is gorgeous. Not to mention, I'm loving the premise. Sounds different and exciting! Bring it on!

What are you waiting for?


14 comments:

  1. Ooh I've seen this in past WoWs! Looks awesome!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look awesome jessica! Have a great day too and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I'm really looking forward to City of A Thousand Dolls. Looks awesome :)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen this one yet. I like the symbols at the bottom of the cover. Great pick! My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I love those too. Wonder what they mean. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. I am in love with this cover. Plus the author is so funny on Twitter, I can't wait to get my hands on it. Awesome pick!

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to follow her on twitter! Thanks!

      Delete
  5. I hadn't heard of it before but it sounds really interesting. Thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you want to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  6. Great pick. It sounds like a good read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope it is as great as it sounds!

      Delete
  7. Whoa this book sounds super interesting!! The cover looks pretty epic as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? So need this book right now!

      Delete

Courtney Reads A Lot loves comments a lot! I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2014 Courtney Reads A Lot
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs