Wishlist Wednesday (1) - The Child Thief by Brom

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 11:18 AM

Wishlist Wednesday is a meme hosted by Pen to Paper where you post a book on your wishlist that you are dying to have.


The Child Thief by Brom

Peter is quick, daring, and full of mischief--and like all boys, he loves to play, though his games often end in blood. His eyes are sparkling gold, and when he graces you with his smile you are his friend for life, but his promised land is "not" Neverland.
Fourteen-year-old Nick would have been murdered by the drug dealers preying on his family had Peter not saved him. Now the irresistibly charismatic wild boy wants Nick to follow him to a secret place of great adventure, where magic is alive and you never grow old. Even though he is wary of Peter's crazy talk of faeries and monsters, Nick agrees. After all, New York City is no longer safe for him, and what more could he possibly lose?
There is "always" more to lose.
Accompanying Peter to a gray and ravished island that was once a lush, enchanted paradise, Nick finds himself unwittingly recruited for a war that has raged for centuries--one where he must learn to fight or die among the "Devils," Peter's savage tribe of lost and stolen children.
There, Peter's dark past is revealed: left to wolves as an infant, despised and hunted, Peter moves restlessly between the worlds of faerie and man. The Child Thief is a leader of bloodthirsty children, a brave friend, and a creature driven to do whatever he must to stop the "Flesh-eaters" and save the last, wild magic in this dying land. (Goodreads)
What could be better to read than a dark retelling of Peter Pan? Not only has it earned outrageously high ratings from everyone, but it also has such an awesome cover! I've seen books by Brom before, and they always have beautiful artwork. I just want to buy them because they're so neat to look at! I mean I've watched Hook, and the Disney and other versions. Loved the one with Jeremy Sumpter! But I've yet to read a Peter Pan story. I want to! Especially this one. I can't wait to read this version! Unfortunately, it's 20 on Amazon. Boo. I like bargains. 
Happy reading, 
Courtney 

4 comments:

  1. The Child Thief sounds like an interesting read. I have added it to my TBR list. Thanks for the recommendation.

    New Follower
    Nancy @ The Avid Reader

    Wishlist Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you get to read it first, I'll be eager to hear how it is!

      Delete
  2. This sound really interesting and such a dark retelling of the Peter Pan story. I've added it to my TBR list to check it out some more :) Hope you get to read it soon!

    -Becca@lost in thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/wishlist-wednesday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This. Sounds. Awesome. My son and I are just finishing up the original Peter Pan book, and I totally saw some darker elements that could be turned into a much darker story....this sounds like just that kind of story! Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete

Courtney Reads A Lot loves comments a lot! I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2014 Courtney Reads A Lot
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs