Top Ten Favorite Kick-Ass Heroines (21)

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 12:19 PM
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish. Top Ten Tuesday is where bloggers post top ten lists based off of a bookish theme. This week's is a Top Ten Tuesday Rewind! Book bloggers can either choose a past Top Ten Tuesday prompt they missed or revisit one they already participated in.

Somehow, I missed posting Top Ten Favorite Kick-Ass Heroines, and I've regretted it ever since. So I decided to remedy this mistake!

Top Ten Favorite Kick-Ass Heroines



1. Katsa from Graceling - In Graceling, certain people are graced with special abilities. Katsa's "grace" is basically kicking ass. She is a force to be reckoned with, and she definitely belongs on this list.


2. Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter series - Without Hermione's quick thinking and book smarts, Harry would have never defeated the Dark Lord. She has helped both Harry and Ron out of so many tight situations, saving their lives again and again.


3. Saba from Blood Red Road - Saba is one tough cookie. She may not start off as the most likable character, but I couldn't help but admire her fighting spirit.


4. Eowyn from The Lord of the Rings series - Eowyn kills the Witch-king of Angmar after so many men tried to do the same and failed. Nuff said.


5. Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games series - She's a kickass archer and she survives till the very end in the competition. I may not always like "The Girl on Fire," but I do respect her.


6-7. Daenerys Targaryen / Arya Stark from A Song of Ice and Fire series - This may be cheating, considering I have yet to actually read the books. But I have watched the show, and Daenerys is by far my favorite character, with Arya coming in as a close second. You don't mess with Daenerys. You just don't. And Arya would much rather wield a sword than do embroidery.


8. Alanna from the Song of the Lioness series - Alanna proves that a woman can achieve knighthood. She overcomes every obstacle thrown in her way and becomes an inspiration for other aspiring lady knights.


9. Yelena from the Magic Study series - I only started this series recently, but I can already tell Yelena is a fighter. In Poison Study, she refuses to remain defenseless and she has others train her to fight. With her magical abilities increasing in strength as well, she is shaping into a powerful woman.


10. Ismae from Grave Mercy - Ismae owns a headband of poisonous pearls and garrote bracelets. You obviously don't want to get on her bad side.

What's your Top Ten this week?



6 comments:

  1. What an awesome list. You're reminding me of some cool books I need to read. LOVE the pictures you chose. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Juju! You should definitely read them because I'm anxious to see what you think. :)

      Delete
  2. I just LOVE Katsa, Hermione, Katniss, Saba, Yelena, and EOWYN (so underrated but so kick-ass)! I have to read Song of the Lioness - I recently bought all four books, so I will get to them soon! :) Fantastic list, Courtney! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got the Immortal series, and I need to get to them too. The Song of the Lioness series is FANTASTIC! I hope you love them. Thanks Keertana! :D

      Delete
  3. I haven't read all of your picks, but I totally agree with most of them. Game of Thrones is jam-packed with kick-ass ladies. I love Saba, even though she makes it difficult! I really really need to read Grave Mercy.
    http://wp.me/pzUn5-1tR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Games of Thrones has some awesome female leads, which is why I'm shocked to hear that George R. R. Martin has been called sexist. And I hope you get around to reading Grave Mercy! I enjoyed it.

      Delete

Courtney Reads A Lot loves comments a lot! I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2014 Courtney Reads A Lot
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs