Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the The Broke and the Bookish where you post a top ten list based on a bookish prompt. This week's Top Ten Tuesday is:
Top Ten Bookish Confessions
1. Peeking ahead - I have no patience when it comes to reading. I hate when I do it, but I will often skip ahead in the book for romance scenes or answers because I can't wait anymore. I will go back and read everything later, but then I already know what's going to happen. Not a great habit.
2. Staying up way past my bedtime - If I love a book, I will stay up insanely late, sometimes till dawn, to finish and then I'm tired the whole next day. But it's so worth it.
3. Don't hurt my books - I'm OCD when it comes to my books. I hate any dog-eared pages or creases. If there is anything wrong with my book and I'm aware of it, my eyes will constantly be drawn to that imperfection, and I'll be screaming inside. I also have to check every book before I buy it to make sure it's in pristine condition.
4. I sniff books - I'm in love with the smell of books and bookstores, especially when there's a cafe in the bookstore. There's nothing like the combined smell of coffee and books. If you see me taking a nice big whiff of a book, don't worry. I promise I'm mentally stable.
5. I'd rather buy new books than used ones - I go to Barnes and Noble way too much, and still don't have a membership. I spend so much more on books from there because I'm not a big fan of used books. I don't know where they've been.
6. I'd rather read than socialize - I have been known to read a book and be completely anti-social. I'll read all day, taking only breaks to eat, and talk to no one. It's unhealthy.
7. I'd choose fantasy over contemporary every time - I tend to avoid realistic fiction because I read books to escape reality. Although fantasy does echo the real world, I find some realistic fiction depressing or too close to my life for comfort. Not that my life's horrible or anything, but I'd rather read something unfamiliar. But I will read realistic fiction from time to time.
8. Prefer actual books to ebooks - I have so many books that I've yet to read on my Ipad because I always read the books I have in physical copy first. I prefer the actual book to the e-book. My poor Ipad, Ivy, gets neglected sometimes. Yes, I named my Ipad. Don't judge me. :)
9. I forget to read books that I own - There are books that have been sitting on my bookshelves for years that I have yet to read. I was just not in the mood to read them or I simply forgot they existed. I'm always discovering new books I don't even remember purchasing.
10. Not a multi-tasker - I cannot eat and read. It's too much multi-tasking for this challenged girl, and I'm always terrified I'll get something on my book (which brings me back to #3).
So, those are my humiliating book confessions. I know they're crazy. What about you? What bookish habits/quirks do you have to confess?