Top Ten Authors I Own the Most Books From (33)

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 12:00 AM
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish. Every week, book bloggers post a top ten list based on a bookish prompt. This week's Top Ten Tuesday is...

Top Ten Authors I Own the Most Books From
I don’t usually buy books because I love the author; I’m more likely to buy a book because the premise caught my interest or it’s received many positive reviews. Yet there are some authors, mainly from my middle school and high school years, that I have read extensively and whose books I still keep on my shelves for future rereads. Here are some of them:


1. J.K. Rowling – Of course, I would have her books on my shelves and plenty of them. I have the entire Harry Potter series, The Hogwarts Library box set, a second copy of The Tales of Beedle the Bard, and Casual Vacancy. I plan to eventually buy Cuckoo’s Calling and The Silkworm to add to my collection. It’s pretty much a given that I’ll love whatever she writes.


2. Lemony Snicket – I love his A Series of Unfortunate Events series, and I have the first 12 of them on my bookshelves, and I just need to buy The End. I plan to reread these sometime soon, since I never did finish the entire series for some reason or another.


3. Lynn Kurland – I used to have a weakness for her historical fiction, time-traveling, fantasy romance novels. I have 20 of her books which is crazy. I think what drew me to her writing was that I always knew what awaited me within the pages of her books; I could count on a tasteful romance filled with adventure, bandits, and true love shared between a strong female protagonist and a medieval lord. Unlike other adult romances, her writing was never as explicit, not that I have any problem with steamier romance scenes. And the secondary characters always brought so much to the story with their banter and chivalry! All of the characters belonged to one of three family lines, and they would reappear in several novels which I loved. And the setting was pretty much always in castles in England or Scotland! How could I not read these?


4. Cate Tiernan In high school, the Sweep series had to be one of my top five series, and I own every single book in this series. I was obsessed with this series, and after finishing one of the books, I would immediately go to the bookstore to buy the next one. Morgan was a very realistic protagonist. While I couldn’t relate to her growing powers as a witch, I could understand her insecurities, and the romance in this one is just sooooo good. I need to reread these soon.


5. Meg Cabot – I cannot even begin to express my love for her books. I read so many of them during high school, and I think they helped me get through all of the teen-angst and insecurities. I loved The Princess Diaries, the All-American Girl and the 1-800-Where-R-U (now called Vanished) series. But my favorite is still The Mediator series, mainly because of the love interest Jesse. I reread this series so many times, and I will never give these books away.


6. Jodi Picoult – After I read My Sister’s Keeper, I kind of joined in on the whole Jodi Picoult craze. I bought several of her books, but when I think about it, I’ve only read maybe four of them. Every once and awhile, I get the urge to read another, so I’ve been slowly making my way through them. I’ll admit that none of them really stand out as unique to me. But they always deal with some controversial case, and I find the unraveling of the story entertaining, making it hard to put her books down.


7. Darren Shan – This is another series I never finished, but I was really enjoying. I'm somehow missing #5, Trials of Death. I think I lent it out, but it was never returned. I tried out The Demonata series as well, but I wasn't as impressed.


8. Cassandra Clare – It is no secret that I was a huge fan of The Mortal Instruments series, and I was also really into The Infernal Devices series. I’ve lost some of my interest in her books recently, especially after she continued a trilogy that I think should have remained finished. Yet I still have all of them on my shelves, except for City of Heavenly Fire which I still need to purchase. Or maybe I’ll just borrow it from the library…


9. Neil Gaiman – I didn't realize how many Gaiman books I had until just now. I love The Sandman comic series, and his children's books and short stories are simply amazing. I don't always like his books, but I do love their darker tones and how creepy they can get.


10. Tamora Pierce – I count Pierce among my favorite authors, and I would gladly revisit her books at any time. I have almost all of her books that take place in the Tortall universe, such as The Song of the Lioness, the Protector of the Small, The Immortals, and the Daughter of the Lioness series. The only series I’m missing from this universe is the Beka Cooper series, but I’ve heard it’s not as good as the others so I may not purchase it or even read it. I also have The Will of the Empress that I picked up randomly, but I have yet to read the Circle of Magic series, but I heard this is a standalone?

I have some new favorite authors that I’ve discovered recently, but many of these are old favorites I can count on for some wonderful rereads.

So what about everyone else? What authors do you own the most books from? Let me know and don’t forget to link up to your Top Ten Tuesday in the comments!



20 comments:

  1. I also own a lot of books from J.K. Rowling (duh!), C.S. Lewis, Jodi Picoult and Meg Cabot. Dang, I miss The Princess Diaries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Such a good series :D

      Delete
  2. I'm not surprised to see that everyone has J.K Rowling on their list. She would be on mine of course :D I really like Neil Gaiman too, I guess he would own a place on my list as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are two amazing writers that I can always count on for a good story :D

      Delete
  3. Nice! Forgot the Meg Cabot books, but since I just have the Mediator series, they didn't really top anyone else! But I LOVE that series!! I am so, so, SO eager for the next book that hopefully comes out next year! This was one of my fave series as a teen and loved it to pieces!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I cannot believe there will be a new book, and I'm beyond excited! Mainly because of Jesse! :D

      Delete
  4. I think on #2 you mean Lemony Snicket? I have those as well as the Harry Potter books. I guess I actually have quite a few Meg Cabot books if I think about it, but they're all her adult books, and then like 3 YA ones.
    Check out my Top 10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah thanks! lol I don't know what I was thinking. I was kinda half asleep when writing this post. :P I have yet to read Meg Cabot's adult books, even though I have a couple. I'll need to fix that soon.

      Delete
  5. This was such a fun prompt this week! Jodi Picoult made it onto my list. I love that you included pictures of your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wasn't going to at first because I was feeling lazy, and it required moving books since I ran out of room on my shelves, but I finally decided to take photos. lol

      Delete
  6. The Sweep series was my all time favorite in high school as well. I'm starting to think I should do a re-read. They aren't long books at all and it would probably take no time. Not to mention I mention Hunter. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg Hunter still remains as one of my favorite book crushes ever! So amazing!

      Delete
  7. Like you, I have the most books by Rowling as well and I do have three books by Clare. Either than that, I own a lot of Maggie Stiefvater, Juliet Marillier, Rachel Neumeier, and Jenn Bennett. I'm not even going to try to count my Kindle books too because then I'd be drowning considering I've stocked up on those looong UF Series on my e-reader. Wonderful list, Courtney--loving the theme for today! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My collection of Juliet Marillier books has been growing but I need to start reading more by her soon. And I've been meaning to read some Rachel Neumeier! Hopefully I will soon :D Thanks Keertana!

      Delete
  8. +JMJ+

    I'm always interested in stories with time travel and I used to read a lot of Romance. How did I never hear of Lynn Kurland before??? Thanks for bringing her to my notice. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you love those two things, you will definitely be a fan of Lynn Kurland! Hope you enjoy her books! :D

      Delete
  9. Woho, that's an awesome collection you have there! I love Meg Cabot's books and, of course, J.K. Rowling. I also own 12 books in the Sweep collection by Tiernan (first one is autographed--aaah :D) It's actually the author from whom I own the most books (manga authors aside.) Thank you for sharing with us. ^^

    Lola @ Hit or Miss Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gahhh so jealous that you have a signed copy! So cool! Her books really made my life in high school, and I'll have to reread soon :D

      Delete
  10. Love this! It's just so fun to see what you were reading when you were a bit younger and how things are different for you now, how your reading tastes have changed. From your list, I have only Jo and CC on mine because I never got into the other series you list here. I think my priority definitely goes to The Mediator series and Tamora Pierce's series because it makes me excited to read them when I hear you speak so highly of them! But I've also been meaning to get into Neil Gaiman some more as I've only read a couple by him and really enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I should have done physical pictures in mine - I love the way yours looks - but oh well.
    I feel like some of these authors I didn't even know you were a fan of! Well, primarily Lynn Kurland and Jodi Picoult and Cate Tiernan. I've heard good things about Tiernan's more recent series, so maybe you should consider reading Immortal Beloved? I plan on reading it eventually. And yes I love Jesse! I want to buy copies of the Mediator series simply so I can be re-introduced to Jesse. :) Jodi Picoult books are definitely addictive. And read The End! I actually really like how that series concluded.
    Great list, Cort!

    ReplyDelete

Courtney Reads A Lot loves comments a lot! I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2014 Courtney Reads A Lot
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs