Top Ten Books That Will Be In My Beach Bag This Summer
I've never been one for books that are categorized as "beach reads." The books I take to the beach are hardly ever light, fluffy books. One summer, I took The Tommyknockers by Stephen King, and another summer, I brought along The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. However, this summer, I'm going to try to make time for some YA contemporary reads that I usually wouldn't pick up. So this list will be a mix of more conventional beach reads and some other unexpected ones I just really want to read.
For fun, I paired each of these books with a beach bag that I think is a perfect fit! If only, I could afford to buy all of these!
1. To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before #1) by Jenny Han - I bought this one on sale for my Kindle app, and I definitely intend to read it this summer. I've heard such good things, and I'm sure it will be great for in between heavier books.The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Díaz - I'm 99.9% sure this one will become a new favorite. My friend from work is lending it to me, and I cannot wait to kick off the summer with this book.
3. Paper Towns by John Green - I've only read two of Green's books before, and I think it's about time I try a third. This one is just waiting on my bookshelves, begging to be read this summer!
4. The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver - I am beyond excited to read this one; I just have to actually buy or borrow it before I can.
5. Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler - While I didn't love Bittersweet as much as I anticipated, I'm hoping I'll like Twenty Boy Summer more. Plus, it has "summer" in the title so it's only fitting that I read it during this season.
6. Raging Star (Dust Lands Trilogy #3) by Moira Young - I may not have liked Rebel Heart as much as the first book in this series, Blood Red Road, but I'm hoping I fall in love with this series all over again with its third and final installment, Raging Star.
7. Ruin and Rising (The Grisha #3) by Leigh Bardugo - I absolutely loved Shadow and Bone and Siege and Storm, so while I'm sad to see this series come to an end, I am also excited to find out what happens next!
8. Bittersweet by Miranda Beverly-Whittemore - I don't know what it is about this novel that draws me in. Maybe, it's the mystery or the cover, but it sounds like an intriguing read that I might enjoy.
9. Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson - I have yet to read anything by Morgan Matson, so I thought I might try out her Since You've Been Gone. I've been hearing nothing but good things about this book, so why not give it a chance?
10. The Boyfriend List: 15 Guys, 11 Shrink Appointments, 4 Ceramic Frogs and Me, Ruby Oliver (Ruby Oliver #1) by E. Lockhart - I loved The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks and I just have no good reason why I haven't started the Ruby Oliver series, other than I have less reading time than I'd like. I have the first 2 books on my bookshelves and this quick read will be perfect for throwing into my beach bag.
So what about you guys? What are some books you'd recommend as summer reads? Or what books are you looking forward to reading while you sunbathe on the beach? Let me know in the comments! And don't forget to link up to your lists!